Events must be enabled in the A2Z Community Settings in order to use this option. You must also be in the role with the appropriate access level as set in the Event Settings to add an event. If this option is not available to you, please contact your site administrators for more information.
To add a calendar event
- Login and go to the dashboard.
- Hover over Events on the left side menu. Select Add New Event from the submenu.
- Enter a title for your event.
- Enter a description for the event in the large text box.
- Enter a summary of the description in the smaller text box. This will be shown in locations where there is not enough space to show the full description.
- Enter the event date. Optionally, enter the start time, end time, and end date. If you want to include this event in the “Save the Date” feed, then check the “save the date” box.
- If you have a flyer, you may upload it using the button in the Event Flyer section.
- Enter the event cost, location, recommended ages if appropriate. These are optional.
- If you have an online registration form, you can enter a link to it in the Registration section. If you enter a link, you should also enter the text for the link. These are optional.
- You can also enter a deadline in the Registration section. If you enter a deadline, also enter text for it. These are also optional.
- In the Contact section, you can enter an event website, name, phone number, and email address. These are all optional also.
- The featured image might be used by your theme. There might be a default featured image for events. If you want to use your own image, then use the Select or Upload Featured Image button to open the media uploader. Once in the uploader, you can choose an existing image to be your featured image. Or you can drag a new image onto the uploader. Once you have selected your image, click on the Choose Image button on the lower right side of the uploader to select the image and close the uploader.
- On the right side of the screen, choose at least one category from the list.
- Select the Submit for Review or Publish button on the right side of the page.
Maximum and minimum values for the title, excerpt, and description are set in the Event Settings.