You must be a site administrator to change the settings.
The video custom post type is disabled by default. In order to use the video functions, you must enable it first:
- Login and go to the admin area.
- Under Settings select A2Z Community.
- On the General tab under Enable Custom Content, check the box for Video.
- Select the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Once videos are enabled, you can change the settings on the Videos tab. See the information below for an explanation of each section.
- Access level required to add video – This setting grants permission to a user role add a video. The default is Author.
- Show video option on dashboard widget – If the dashboard widget is enabled on the General tab, then checking this will cause the option to add a video to be shown on the widget.
- Text for dashboard widget – This setting can be used to modify the description for videos on the dashboard widget. The default is “‘Embed a video which is hosted on a site such as YouTube.”
Maximums and Minimums
In this section, the administrator can set maximum and minimum lengths for the titles, excerpts, and descriptions for videos. This ensures that your users are providing content which meets your standards for length. If you don’t want a maximum value, just set it to zero. The default values are:
- Description maximum: none
- Description minimum: none
- Title maximum: 200 characters
- Title minimum: 20 characters
- Excerpt maximum: 200 characters
- Excerpt minimum 30 characters
When you are finished making your changes to the settings, select the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.